This instructor-led course focuses on the administration and management of Cisco Unity Connection in complex scenarios such as multi-site deployments. There is a strong emphasis on lab oriented tasks for delegates to configure and verify Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The course runs as a ‘workshop’ environment where delegates can focus on specific areas of interest to them.
The course will provide the skills and knowledge necessary for day-to-day administration and management tasks of Cisco Unity Connection in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment. The focus will be on the administrative tasks required for adding, moving and changing voicemail users as well as administering Cisco Unity Connection messaging features. Additional skills include administering remote sites, remote users and LDAP integration.
Administrators or anyone who or needs an understanding of Cisco Unity Connection administration and implementation e.g. Customer, Employees, Channel Partner / Reseller.
A basic knowledge of data and voice networks. Delegates do not require any previous experience with Cisco Unity Connection. This course is an add-on to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 11 Administration courses. This Cisco Unity Connection course and the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration course must be combined as a single course.
– IP Telephony and Voicemail Integration Overview.
– Cisco Unity Connection Integrated Messaging Architecture.
– Messaging Deployment Models used for Cisco Unity Connection,
– IP Telephony and Voicemail Call Flows.
– Cisco Unity Connection features.
– Voicemail Clients and User Interfaces.
– Phone View.
– Cisco IP Phones and Phone Settings.
– Administering Cisco Unity Connection Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (SCCP and SIP).
– Managing Cisco Unity Connection System Service and Enterprise Parameters.
– Adding Users and Mailboxes in Cisco Unity Connection.
– Add/Delete/Modify Cisco Unity Connection End Users.
– End User Web Login.
– Managing Mailbox Attributes and Limits.
– Administration of Cisco Unity Connection LDAP Integration.
– Administration of Directory Handlers and Interview Handlers.
– Managing Greetings.
– Administration tasks for Call Routing, Call Handling and the Auto-Attendant.
– Time Based Call Management.
– Administration of Message Notification and Restriction tables.
– Intelligent Notifications.
– Administration tasks for Class of Service Partitions and Search Spaces.
– Managing schedules and holidays.
– Administering Distribution Lists and Broadcast Lists
– Administration of Voicemail Networking Between Sites (VPIM).
– Adding/Removing Remote Sites and Remote Users in Cisco Unity Connection.
– Managing Backup and Disaster Recovery.
– IMAP integration.
– Basic Monitoring and Troubleshooting.
– Generating and Viewing Reports in Cisco Unity Connection.
– Real Time Monitoring Tool.
– Additional topics may be added on request.
To book this course please contact Leanne Heaven on 01285 647 041,or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course runs as an open course in a flexible format based on the needs of the delegates. Alternatively, it can be tailored to meet the needs of a specific customer implementation and delivered to a closed group of delegates.